The perfect introduction to playing groovy rhythms!
Rhythm Riffs by Pam Wedgwood features three versatile
pieces that will work with basically any combination of
Rhythm Riffs includes:
- Rock About
- Rhubarb Rhumba
- Rooster Rag
Written for players of Grade 0-1 standard.
“Having worked in a junior school for a number of years I soon realized that there was a distinct lack of workable ensemble music written for very beginner instrumentalists.
I hope this series of fun pieces will help and inspire young instrumentalists to gain confidence and understanding of groovy rhythmic structures in a pleasurable way. Enjoy!”
How to start using Rhythm Riffs.
Tips before starting this set of pieces.
- Try and do some rhythmic pulse work with your group at each session.
- Play rhythms on a drum or keyboard for them to clap back to you.
- Introduce question and answer (call and response.)
- Help your group to understand different time signatures by encouraging them to learn to conduct in 2, 3 and 4 times.
- Suggest that they conduct the group from time to time!
- Talk about syncopation and how ragtime influenced the rhythms we are using today.
Before playing each piece;
- Play through the workouts until each rhythm is thoroughly understood.
- Then begin each piece slowly at first, then working up to a manageable speed!
- When the pieces are sounding good arrange a classroom concert or play to parents or school assembly.
- Encouraging your group to perform in front of others will inspire confidence and a sense of progression.
Score and parts in digital PDF format: £12.99
To purchase this product, please contact us